Due June 26, 2023
Please submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Dignity Foundation is open to funding general operating support grants and program support grants for organizations serving and uplifting the LGBTQ community.
HDF community grants have a maximum award of $5,000.
Human Dignity Foundation is committed to supporting the entire LGBTQ community and will make grants across multiple demographics and identities within our greatly diverse community. We support arts & culture, health and human services, advocacy and civil rights, as well as community enrichment. We support our youth and our elders.
- Aligns with the mission of Human Dignity Foundation – to improve the quality-of-life within the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) communities by promoting responsible philanthropy to enact positive social change.
- Nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization, or provide documentation that the organization is fiscally sponsored by an organization that has 501(c)(3) status
- Organizations which primarily serve LGBTQ people.
Please note that the following are not eligible for support:
- Requests from outside Southern California
- Requests for costs incurred prior to the date of the grant award
- Requests from government agencies
- Requests for capital support, including construction and renovation
- Fundraising event sponsorship
- Endowments, existing obligations/debt, scholarships or projects that promote religious or political doctrine.
Grant Cycle Timeline
May 29, 2023
Grant application opens
June 26, 2023
End of the application period
July 10, 2023
Notification of funding to selected proposals
- Proposals must be submitted electronically in a single PDF document. Required attachments should be scanned for inclusion into this PDF document.
- Proposals should be single-spaced, using 12-point font and 1-inch margins
- The proposal narrative should not exceed three (3) type-written, single-spaced pages; the budget and budget narrative should not exceed two (2) pages in total.
- At the top of each page, type the name of the implementing organization and program title.
- At the bottom right-hand corner of each page, insert a page number.
- Attachment 1 – IRS 501(c)(3) tax exempt status letter (must be dated within the last 5 years)
- Attachment 2 – Submit a list of board members including name and current board title
- Attachment 3 – Submit most recent audited financials
About the Review Process
Proposals will be reviewed by the Human Dignity Foundation Board of Directors. Reviewers adhere to a
strict conflict of interest policy and other internal controls to ensure that grant funding is distributed
based on the merits of each proposal.